Handmade Monday 49

Welcome to Handmade Monday – and I hope the sun’s been shining this weekend in your part of the world – despite the frosty nights, we’ve had some gloriously sunny days here in Cheshire!  It’s always lovely to see the sun shining but it’s especially welcome at this time of year.

As well as unseasonal sunshine, there’s been a high level of unseasonal sales here too – I can’t quite believe how steadily busy I’ve been since Christmas.  I had expected (and almost even hoped for!) a slow period in January, and the to-do list that I’ve been adding to since September is still just waiting patiently for me – I’ve made no dents in it yet; I’m still just working on getting orders out!

It’s a nice position to be in, admittedly, and I think  good percentage of the sales have come via the press that has been generated by Press Loft – one way or another.  I’ll be doing a blog post specifically about Press Loft soon because I think it’s something which might be of interest to some of you.

door plaques

some people have sandwiches on trays - I have plaques on trays

Meanwhile, there’s not much that’s new here – but lots of new things to work on.  Among them quite a few door plaques have been prepped and are ready to finish – a farmhouse in France is awaiting some bespoke door plaques (maybe I’ll show you them next week!) and there’s a few fairies to paint on the pink ones.  And a couple of campervans, too – of course! ;-)

I’m looking forward to browsing your blogs and seeing what’s new in your handmade world . . .

21 Comments

1. Caroline says:

Well done on being so busy and good to hear. Interstellar in more in the Press Loft and look forward to a good read in time. have a good week and try to make some ‘me time’

2. Jill says:

Life still sounds very hectic for you Wendy – a nice hectic though. Looking forward to reading the Press Loft post. Hope you have a good week.

3. Adaliza says:

Great to be busy and doing well, especially with all the doom & gloom on the news. I’m not sure I’m ready to give up my day job, which I love just yet, but keep thinking about it! Great to enjoy today’s sunshine – out in the garden with a quilt and camera (and pet duck, of course). Have a lovely week.

4. Kat says:

Wow, someone has been a busy bee! Glad to see that things haven’t slowed down for you. I know you just wanna kick your feet up and relax but being busy is the best part of making and creating you own items. Well done and looking forward to the blog post about the loft!

5. RosMadeMe says:

Ooh Wendy will you get to personally deliver the french order… if you are unavailable to go, I suppose I could fit it in.

So good to hear that your business goes from Strength to strength :)

6. So good to hear you are busy :-) thanks again for hosting another fab handmade Monday :-)

7. I saw you featured in a magazine recently Wendy, a great read it was too! Glad to hear your sales are going well in such a difficult time X

8. redneedle says:

Well done on your continued success Wendy. Best get the indcution training programme sorted for your new employees I think :)

9. mcrafts says:

Great that you are continuing to be busy Wendy. We have had a bit of sun up here too (for a change!) cold at nights though – Mich x

10. Your Press Loft post sounds intriguing: I shall be wathcing with interest. Have a lovely sunny week

11. Blue Forest Jewellery says:

Lovely and sunny and cold here too – proper winter weather!

Great to be busy – hope it continues for you.

Alison x

12. Laura says:

Congratulations on the steady sales!
    I never realised you were based in Cheshire – me too :)

13. Diane says:

Wow you have been busy Wendy! I keep meaning to give some pics to GWAG for pressloft but haven’t had chance to make them the right size etc. Glad to hear sales are steady. I too had thought January would be quiet and a chance to catch up on marketing – but nope!!! I have events booked right up until the end of Jan!
    Fingers crossed you get to make a dent in that to do list!x

14. Susie says:

When it’s business it’s good to be busy! I’m thrilled for you, but a little rest is good too. Can’t wait to see the fairies. :) Maybe you need a little fairy for a helper!

15. Kimberley says:

How wonderful to be so in demand!

Well done you :)

Kim xx

16. Jam Dalory says:

Well done on getting so many orders, especially in January when everyone is skint! I’m looking forward to hearing about the Press Loft. x

17. little harriet says:

Well done on the success! It’s great that you are so busy doing something that you have a talent for.

LH
    x

18. Bit of a different subject for me this week – a look around my studio! Congratulations on your continued sales and success – really well deserved (you will get that rest eventually – you’ll just have to book it into your diary!!)

Ali x

19. Anita Mistry says:

Hello I’m late posting today. I will get around to visiting everyone at some point this week. Great news about the continued work. I’ve been taking this time to get some venues and details of workshops sorted. Something I’ve missed doing since I moved out of the studio. I had a quick look at the website you mentioned will look forward to your thoughts.
    Have a great week.
    Anita

20. I cleared through lots of washing with such great weather. Glad to hear the orders are still coming in.

21. Charters says:

I’m pleased that the New Year has been a good start for you, its fascinating hearing where all your items appear . France now, look forward to hearing all about it. A little late blogging this week so missed the ‘link’ but have mentioned wonderful Handmade Monday in my post tonight. Must try harder to meet the timescale next week.

June