Handmade Monday 54

Welcome to Handmade Monday – click here to find out more (including how to join in).

rugby league clock

rugby league clock

This week the rugby clock finally went out – I’m glad to report the customer was happy with it!

I’ve not yet added it to the website, but I think I will.  I can make it with any team colours (and any wording of course) so it might make a good gift for another rugby league fan somewhere!

rugby league personalised clock

rugby clock

In other news, I managed to make time for a couple of days off this week (although I love my work, I know I spend far too many hours on it and time off is always welcome!).  There was a trip to Martin Mere to feed the ducks

feeding the ducks

feeding the ducks

and a day out in Liverpool’s Albert Dock with its interesting mix of museums, art galleries, shops, cafes, a lot of of which were new since last time I’d been.  It’s an area which has seen a lot of development recently (but the buildings in this picture are definitely old ones!):

Albert Dock

Albert Dock

Both days out were both cold, breezy, bright and a lot of fun.  Days out always refresh me and I always end up with lots of photos, sketches and ideas (see, I never stop “working” even on a day off – although I struggle to see sketching as working ;-) )

Now I’m tucked up warm again, I’m looking forward to a different kind of visiting.  If you have a spare few minutes, do join me in browsing the links below.  Craft bloggers never cease to amaze and inspire me with their makes, news and photos.

35 Comments

1. Planet Penny says:

Looks like a lovely day out, Albert Dock is on my list of places to visit. Thanks for hosting Handmade Monday once again! Penny x

2. Caroline says:

I like the idea of the footy clock andy am sure your customer will be chuffed, a fantastic gift and a well deserved break

3. Jill says:

Glad you managed to get some ‘me’ time – important to make time for that. Albert Dock looks really interesting. The rugby clock is great – not surprised your customer is pleased with it and a definitely website addition. Hope you have a good week.

4. RosMadeMe says:

Love the ducks… how long before they have a plaque of their own, or is that just plain quackers?

5. Cheryl says:

Nice to recharge the batteries. I’m joining in here for the first time. Off to check out the other linkers.

6. redneedle says:

I turn my back for 5 minutes and then she’s doing ‘rugby’! Where did they come from? Who cares they’re genius and your wonderful business mind has yet again created something that can be adapted to suit. Cheating abit with my entry today as I posted this on Saturday and I know I’m not going to be able to make anything else in time but I’ve missed entering Handmade Monday so much I hope I can be forgiven.

7. Kat says:

Glad to see you had a good few days off. Time to relax is an absolute must.

With regards to the clock, you better get a whole bunch ready for Christmas. They will go like hot cakes.

8. Handbags by helen says:

Am loving the rugby clock. Don’t have time to pos for handmade Monday today but am off to see what others hav been up to.

9. Somewhere I’d love to visit, the galleries are meant to be really good. The clock is a great success, keep up the good work!

10. Sarah says:

I think the clocks would do well….There is so much football stuff being made that it’s nice to see other sports being featured xx

11. Looks like you had a really lovely few days off! I am hoping to take a few days off soon too but instead I will be spending my non working days crafting!!!

12. Laura says:

I love going to the Albert Dock – I love the Beatles Museum there :)
    The clock looks great!

13. Susie says:

The clocks are so fun, you really did a bang up job. I don’t know a thing about rugby, but I think it’s a pretty rugged sport, it seems that you captured that. Great! :) I’m glad you have a good little vacation. It’s always nice to have some time off, everyone should. We took a little jaunt today up to the art and antique fair in Palm Beach, it was interesting, it’s been awhile since we’ve done that. Lots of crowds tho, which is NOT very relaxing! :)

14. Adaliza says:

Lovely to hear about your days out – great clock too! Stuff going on here, so can’t join in this week, but wish everyone a happy week – carry on crafting!

15. Jan says:

The clock looks great, sports themes are a great idea. It’s great that the colours can be changed to suit the teams.

Love the Albert Dock, the Maritime Museum and the pier Head, I hope you were well wrapped up :)

Jan x

16. Jam Dalory says:

That clock is great, I love how much detail you’ve put in it. Well done for finally taking some time out, you’ve definately earned it. Thanks for another Handmade Monday. x

17. I was trawling the internet for a Bristol Rugby club clock as a christmas present – so I can tell you there is space in the market!

18. Great clocks. I have not seen any others like them so they must go well.
    By the way, I can’t link up again, I don’t know what I have done, can you help me pleeeeese.

19. Jenna says:

Hope you enjoyed your trip to Martin Mere. I have very good memories of a trip there as a child.

20. Ah the Albert Dock, I haven’t been there for years! You have inspired me to go and see what’s new there! Thanks for hosting another handmade Monday :)

21. Jenny says:

Wow! I’m impressed with your footballers – they look very realistic and a totally different style to your ‘stick people’. You are so versatile!
    Lovely pics of Martin Mere – haven’t been there for years, so you brought back happy memories :-)

22. Loving your clock and very jealous of your visit to Albert Dock. My family (well half of them) are from Liverpool and I need to visit to help grow my tree just that little bit further :)

23. I always find that a trip away refreshes me to start making again too! Those look like some happy ducks : D

24. mcrafts says:

Good news you managed a bit of time off! Love the rugby clock – it looks really good now its finished. (sorry have missed HM this week grrr) Mich x

25. Stephen says:

Seems you had a really nice time out :-) The rugby clock has turned out really well.

26. Anita Mistry says:

Helloooo:) I’ve not been to the docks in years. Last time I went they had some great arty type shops I might have to visit again when the weather is warmer. I love the clocks they’re great. I know a few people who are into Rugby so will definitely point them in your direction.

Anita

27. helen says:

the rugby clock is great and i agree it will be a good assition to your webaite. never had chance to get to Albert Dock, looks like you had a good day x

28. Martha says:

booo, missed the handmade monday this time :-/ never mind, perhaps next time.
    lucky you to have been in liverpool. two years again, i remember, we were walking in alberts dock, on the easter day.
    was so lovely!

like your clock, althought not a rugby (or footie) fan :P
    very neat painting

29. Reda Gursky says:

Simply want to say your article is as astonishing. The clearness in your post is just cool and I can assume you’re an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the rewarding work.

30. If you want to make a permanent change, stop focusing on the size of your problems and start focusing on the size of you! ~T. Harv Eker

31. Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it is really informative. I