My Interview in Craftseller Magazine

A while back, I was interviewed on the phone by a lovely lady called Sarah.  It felt more like a chat with an old friend than an interview – Sarah was clearly very good at her job.

interview

interview

It seems ages ago now.  Sarah actually became a customer too and did a bit of shopping from my website.

The interview has now been published in Craftseller magazine – I think it’s in the shops on Tuesday.  It always seems surreal seeing something you’ve made or worked on in a magazine: there’s the brand shiny newness of the magazine standing up in stark contrast against the familiarity of your own work – something you know inside out.  It feels very bizarre, but in very a nice way.

If you read my other blog, you’ll know that I design projects for Craftseller on a regular basis.  I love being a small part of this magazine, which is growing and getting better with every passing month.  This month’s issue features one of the original Dragons’ Den stars offering business advice and there are loads of real life small craft business stories throughout the magazine.  I don’t think you could fail to be inspired.

I’m loving the new feature which is the diary of a start up!  Rosie of Little Me designs is detailing her first steps in business this month and I think it will make fascinating reading watching the story unfold.

If you’re interested in handmade, don’t miss popping over to Handmade Monday this week.  There’s always so much to see!

26 Comments

1. Rosie says:

Equally I love reading your Handmade Harbour and 1st Unique Gifts blogs. Being part of Craftseller has been a fantastic opportunity but equally I feel increasingly part of what I am fast learning, is an altruistic and close knit (excuse the pun) crafting community.

Exciting times.

Rosie x

• Wendy says:

Thanks Rosie. I so agree about the crafting community. The more I get involved, the more I want to be involved. Well done on your feature too x

2. Congratulations. Sounds as if I need to get myself a copy of this.

3. Congratulations! It must be pretty thrilling, yet a little unbelievable to be featured so prominently in a magazine, but it’s certainly well deserved.

4. All your makes are amazing I’m not suprised that you design for magazines.

5. i can imagine it must be a strange feeling to see your work and words in print in a shiny new mag, it must be a great feeling (and you definitely get bonus points for selling to the interviewer in my book!! :) )

6. Handbags by Helen says:

Congratulations Wendy.

7. Chloe says:

Oh, Congratulations Wendy! This is very exciting – must get my hands on a copy. :)

8. Catherine says:

Congratulations, I am determined to get a copy this month!

9. Well done Wendy – it is a great feature and good to be part of the magazine on a regular basis. Lovely work, so not surprising your are included. Hope you have a good week.

10. Planet Penny says:

Congratulations Wendy, this sounds like a really useful publication, I’ll have to look out for it.

11. Jam Dalory says:

Well done on all the magazine features and involvements, I did manage to find a copy of the last magazine and I have to admit it had me hooked, I will be hunting out the next issue this week and having a read of your interview! x

12. Melanie says:

Well done Wendy, it must be great to have regular features in the magazine. Do you get a lot of orders from the features?

I will definitely be buying a copy this week! :)

• Wendy says:

Hi Melanie, it varies. The features where it showcases a product usually lead to extra orders and sometimes that can be very busy indeed. The features like this interview lead to more website clicks/blog readers and raise awareness. As you can imagine, it all helps. Thanks for your comment.

13. Sarah says:

Well done Wendy….got my copy this morning. Haven’t had a chance to read yet, but can’t wait to see your article.
    Hope you have a good week! S x

14. Bev Newman says:

Am off to read your article very soon, having sent my daughter off to the shops for me :-) Congratulations on being featured

15. You’re such a busy lady Wendy, I don’t know how you fit it all in. It’s great to hear about all your different articles. A rewarding achievement :)

16. Congratulations on the interview. Next step will be a TV appearance :-)

• Wendy says:

Haha, Stephen. I think they’d have to drag me there kicking and screaming. I was offered TV work back in the 90′s in the early days of Sky TV – I ran a mile. I shouldn’t be so camera-shy, should I?

17. Wendy says:

Thanks everyone for some lovely comments :-)

18. wow congratulations on the article, hopefully it’ll have the desired effect!

19. Check you out!! Sounds fab, will have to have hunt for the magazine so I can have a read :)